The DOE has shifted policies around COVID. Major changes include:
- Students in Grades K-8 who are in a classroom in which someone tests positive for COVID no longer have to quarantine. Instead, students will receive 2 at-home COVID tests. Students should take one test the evening they are sent home and the 2nd test on the 5th Day after exposure (the date will be in the letter)
- Students should continue coming to school unless they begin to develop symptoms of COVID
If your child is in a classroom where someone had tested positive, you will receive a letter like the one attached with instructions on testing.
If your child is considered a "Close Contact" of a person outside of the school building, the old quarantine rules are still in effect. These rules are:
- Fully vaccinated students DO NOT have to quarantine and can continue to attend school (you can request at-home tests from the school if you would like them)
- Unvaccinated students must either
- Quarantine and take a COVID test on Day 5-7 of quarantine, then return to school with the negative test on Day 8, or;
- Quarantine for 10 days and do not take a COVID test, return on Day 11
Thank you for your patience and support as we continue to work to make 121 a safe, happy place in the midst of this pandemic!